Although it is very tempting to just get on and start making the money, it is important to think carefully about how your business is structured right from the very beginning. We can liaise with your accountant in order to ensure that the building blocks of your business structure are sound, in order to minimise any unwanted costs in the event that you need to restructure after you have already started trading.
Also, if you are going into business with someone else either as a partnership or as shareholders in a company, then it is important to ensure that you agree the rules of your business relationship as soon as possible. A shareholder or partnership agreement can ensure that you the structure and agreement in place to deal with how decision are made and provide procedures for situations that may arise during the life of the business, such as the long-term illness or death of one of you.
Our commercial department can help you with the following:-
- Setting up new businesses
- Partnership Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Drafting Articles of Association
- New partners or shareholders joining the business
- Allotments of shares or share buybacks
- The sale of the business or the purchase of a new one
- Succession and retirement planning
- Employment law issues including TUPE, redundancies and outsourcing.
If you would like more information or to discuss your requirements, then please contact Peter Warr: